Friday, April 12, 2013

sick babies and breastfeeding






Luckily for us, Odin's never really been sick. I truly believe it's because he's such an avid nurser. Even at 11 months, he nurses more than he eats solids and I prefer it that way. I want to believe that Odin's immune system is superhuman because of the amount of time he spends at the breast. Unfortunately, he recently received his first bout of sickness. He would sleep all day and scream all night for three days. His fever would bounce back and forth between 102.5 and a normal 97.8. It was so hard on all of us. I immediately had every possible doubt flood my mind. All the possible things I could have done differently as well as all of the possible outcomes. I have a lot of faith in the human body and if there was no internet or "friendly" advice, I truly believe this week would have been much less stressful. Sure enough after three nights of fevers and lots and lots of nursing- it's over. Odin's back to normal, giggling and shrieking and crawling around the house trying to bodyslam the cat. Mama's intuition is a powerful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment