Friday, April 12, 2013

patio





One of my favorite things about our new place is our back patio. It's laid with brick, completely fenced in, has a beautiful maple tree in the center, and a strip of soil where we'll plant some herbs and other shade loving plants. I love these baby days and I'm really not wishing for Odin to age any faster than he already is but I am definitely excited for the days where we can draw and paint together. As an artist and lover of crafts, I really can't wait! In an ambitious move, I bought some sidewalk chalk from Marine Home Center. Odin has no interest other than eating it. I showed him how to use it and he wouldn't even notice the marks I had made, he's just hungrily stare at the stick of chalk in my hand. 

Other than the eventual sidewalk chalk art, I have big plans for our patio this summer! We have a big saltwater pool but I'd love to get a little kiddy pool for the patio. Odin already loves water play and I'm eager to be able to set up water play outside where I can put a little nakedy baby butt out to play with no clean up involved. Eating outside requires no real clean up either. Giant pieces of paper and finger paint. Tee-pee building. The possibilities are really endless. Who isn't excited for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment