Saturday, January 4, 2014

Virginia, Visiting Angelica.


































Earlier this year, I was selected to be a part of the Sling Diaries. The very first entry was posted by Angelica from Thunderclouds of Love. She immediately set the bar with her first entry and each entry after that was equally if not more amazing. Everything on her blog was ethereal and full to the brim with magic, so much so that I used her blog as my sunshine on a rainy day. I looked forward to her posts and very soon sent her an e-mail! We bonded immediately and sent each other hundreds of e-mails. My second babywearing portrait was as a gift for her and we had talked many times about meeting amongst the exchanges of words and song and voice. 

Every winter, Zak gets a couple months off of work and we use the time to travel and visit my family in Florida. This winter we made plans to visit along our way down the East Coast. We were going to try and make it to Angelica and Ben's around New Years and it worked out perfectly. Everything was beyond beautiful and I was in complete awe of her beautiful home and daughter. Everything was just perfect. It's like I had always thought it would be- we stayed up late, drank lots of wine, sat on the front porch, and talked all day and all night like it had always been that way. Like we had always been friends.

I was really sad to have to go and am giddy to be visiting again in a couple weeks. 

Thank you Angelica for being such a generous host and beautiful soul. 
And thank you to Sakura Bloom for introducing us.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story Michelle and beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She truly is a beautiful person and I'm so very lucky to have met her!

      Delete