Friday, April 5, 2013

little man




I couldn't decide between the top two photos even though I know they're almost identical. He looks like such a little boy in both of them and I'm terribly in love with it! It's so strange to watch him grow up so quickly. As a breastfeeding mama, I see him every day and spend my entire day with him. It's funny how days can go by without the slightest change and then all of a sudden it seems as if he's grown inches overnight. I can see him start to grow taller and leaner and I've noticed his weight's plateaued. Eleven months old now, and it's all happened so quickly. It's almost his first birthday and every now and then the air smells like it did on the day he was born.

We're currently moving out of our house in Sconset. I'm excited to be moving into a place for just our small family. It's bittersweet though. Odin was born in Sconset. His placenta is buried under a fig tree in the front yard. I'll miss our frequent bluff walks. As I've been packing and emptying out our room I've been having ridiculously vivid flashbacks. Odin was born less than 2 weeks after we initially moved in. The third bedroom was still empty and hadn't been rented to Max and Rachel just yet. Our room was still a little bare and hadn't quite acquired the layer of soil that comes with my gardening/landscaping love. Having emptied the room out in the same season we moved into it, it's hard not to remember that day that Odin was born. I won't be leaving that house without crying, I'm pretty sure. As sad as I am about leaving, I'm already having a brilliant time in our new place and I'm realizing more and more each day how beautiful my life is. I'm so very lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment