Tuesday, October 15, 2013

a day for firsts

















First hot chocolate from the Bean and first big pile of Fall leaves. Evening trips into town in the Fall have always been my favorite. This hustle of Connecticut Preppies has come to a complete halt and the cobblestones are littered with crunchy leaves. The Bean has my favorite hot chocolate on island (they make their own whipped cream!) and while Z and I shared a coffee, we treated O to his very first "warm" chocolate. Half of it was fed to the ground but he seemed to enjoy the other half (more so after Z went inside to get him a straw).

The Lily Ponds are one of my favorite places in the world. I met Zak there for the very first time as he shared some malt liquor with me from inside a guitar case. I love coming to this spot and thinking about that day. It's funny to think that our beautiful boy is playing in the same spot that we met. Climbing trees, throwing sticks, rolling around in leaves, and all those other boy firsts. Years ago, I never would have imagined life like this.

2 comments:

  1. thank's for your share and i really like your information

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dreamy to see your beautiful fall pictures (and your handsome guys of course) while we are heating up for a hot hot summer.

    ReplyDelete