Saturday, July 20, 2013

raspberry mornings








We have the biggest raspberry patch in the courtyard outside our front door. It's so much fun to wake up with O and sit in the middle of the patch and feast! It's a great distraction for when papa has to go to work and I have a very sad baby. They're all so delicious and I've been trying to save many of them so that we can make jam. Later this afternoon, if time allows, we'll be heading out to forage for wild Nantucket blueberries! I can't wait wait to make a pie from them and hopefully harvest enough to make some blueberry jam too. It's always so hard to make it home with as many as you collect, it's the perfect snack for the walk and the drive home. Life is very good right now and I am constantly being reminded that I am very very lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment