Sunday, November 3, 2013

Florida Vacation, Vol. IV: Nana's for the Night













I lived with my Nana during my senior year of college. We also lived with her for a year when I was about 5. My Nana is in her 80's and you can hardly tell with the way she acts. She's full of vigor and laughter and always drinks her fair share of Johnny Walker. She adores Zak and always offers him a glass of her fanciest bourbon when we visit (even before me!). She's always encouraged me to wear what I want and do what I want and she's always the first to ask about our current hobbies and interests rather than our salary. Sometimes she speaks to me in Spanish and won't notice my dumb look until she's fairly far into what she's telling. I'm a quarter Mexican (all from her!) and am ashamed to say I know hardly any Spanish. 

She's one of my favorite relatives and I knew this visit would have to include a sleepover at her beautiful lake-side house. That house holds so many beautiful memories for me and I want to spend as much time as possible there. I also want Odin to grow up having fond memories of the very same house. My Nana is the absolute coolest.

1 comment:

  1. This made me misty eyed. I haven't had my nana in my life for a long time but I felt just the same way about her! Nanas are just something special that words can barely describe. <3

    ReplyDelete