Friday, January 31, 2014

The Last Stretch
















For the last stretch towards home, I was pretty sick. It was probably one of those 24 hour bugs but because we were traveling, I wasn't allowing it the 24 hours needed to fully filter through my system. (Sorry friends, if I got any of you sick!) We visited Angelica in Virginia which was heavenly as always. She really is my best friend soul mate and I'm so grateful to have met her. This trip was a little more rushed and I feel sad that we couldn't stay longer, but we did have an amazing evening out while the littles stayed with Angelica's gorgeous mumma. I couldn't even believe Odin stayed with someone that was unfamiliar for such a long time (four hours!). Angelica played the most beautiful songs on Ukulele, so beautiful that I cried. 

Leaving Virginia was hard, but we stayed the night in Maryland with an Instagram friend, Jessy. We've talked about meeting for awhile now and I'm so glad we were finally able to. She's so sweet and has the sweetest little family. Her room is adorned with growing green life and we felt very comfortable immediately upon meeting her and her sweet man, Randy. Thank you so much for having us!

Our last stop before home was visiting a very old friend of mine, Manny, who I miss so much. We have so many memories and I spent much of my college life living at his house making art and drinking champagne with frozen fruit. We would go out dancing every week. 

I'm so grateful for new and old friends alike and am so lucky to have you all in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. If you ever make it anywhere near Delaware, stop and say hi! I think we could be pals. And I have an almost-two-year-old that would just looove Odin!

    ReplyDelete